Monday, June 20, 2011

Taingerine's TOP 10 show to catch up during the summer

Now that summer has decided to wake me up for another hot and sweaty day, I am left trying to figure out how I will spend my day indoor hiding from the blistering sun. Television is my answer. This past season of new dramas, comedies, and reality shows were...actually good, like really good. I didn't have a chance to see most of the new shows or catch up with my favorite series due to college robbing me of all my precious TV viewing time. Now I have all the time in the world thanks to school being out. To help myself and whomever else dealing with the same issue, I figured I might as well compile a list of the top 10 shows that are a must-see from previous season. I am convinced that I have impeccable taste in shows so don't hate if you disagree.

So in no particular order, I present to you: TAINGERINES'S AWESOME TOP 10 MUST SEE SHOWS to CATCH UP TO DURING THE SUMMER FOR THOSE LIKE ME WHO WILL HAVE NO LIFE FOR THE UPCOMING COUPLE OF MONTHS.
Click on 'Read More' to See My TOP 10.




1. Raising Hope
Throw a baby into a dysfunctional family of four including a great grand mother who has crazy bouts of alzheimer and you have one hilarious heartfelt comedy about a family learning to become closer as they go trough the trials of raising a baby.







(Image courtesy of FOX)

2. Community
One of the best original comedy I have seen so far.
Brilliant writing with a unique cast of characters. Each episode is has its own story and always keeps it fresh. If you haven't seen this show, you can buy it here on this link Season 1 or watch it on Hulu Plus.




(Image courtesy of NBC)

3. Dexter (Season 5)
Season Five of Dexter: the continuing saga of a Blood splatter analyst and Serial killer of criminals.
Each season progressively gets better so the same can be said about this season.









(Image courtesy of SHOWTIME)

Purchase Season Five Here:















4. The VOICE
In my own opinion, better than American Idol. Team of Singers battle against another team of singers coached by these four singers right here. We have some epic singing going on in this show, foreals.



(Image courtesy of NBC)


5. Modern Family (Season 2)
A very smart comedy involving three families each with their own quirky differences and dilemas. If only my family have this much personality and humor. Check out Season 2 on Hulu Plus or buy your own season 2 here: Modern Family: The Complete Second Season





(Image courtesy of ABC)

6.  How I Met Your Mother (Season 6)
One Legendary Show. A reverse love story told by Ted to his Children about How he met their mother. Barney again defies all logic when asked how awesome he really is. We get a little bit closer to finding out Ted's mystery women. Cop your own season 6 here: How I Met Your Mother: The Complete Sixth Season





(Image Courtesy of NBC)


7. Workaholics
Dumbass office workers just trying to make their lives a bit more satisfying. Who can blame them when they work in a dead beat job in a lame office cubicle. Can't get enough of this crazy show. Catch it on Comedy Central.








(Image Courtesy of Comedy Central)

8. Boardwalk Empire
HBO has done it again. Boardwalk Empire is the new Sopranos set in the roaring 20's. Politics, Crime, and Prohibition comes to life in this epic series. I'm all about crime dramas and how power and money can change a decent person into the most powerful crime lord. Awesome.

Check it out on DVD here:
Boardwalk Empire



(Image Courtesy of HBO)


9. Being Human (Season 1)
What does a Vampire, Ghost, and Werewolf all have in common in this show? They are all roommates. I am sure you could imagine all the crazy situation these fellas will get into based on these living arrangement.  Another cool thing, it is based on the British show under the same name. So you if like Monsters with cool accents all living under one roof, check out the BBC version. If you like Horror and Comedy, watch this show. It will suck you in and make you howl and shriek out laughter. Check it out on the SyFy channel or in Hulu Plus.

(Image Courtesy of SyFy)

10. Mad Men (Season 4)
Advertising in the 60's never looked so good. The Story revolves around Don Drapper who runs the biggest ad agency around this time; he is also a womanizer and we all love those don't we. I have been unfortunate to have missed this show and only heard great things about it. With an Award Winning cast, this show has it all, Style, Sex, and Drama...So many drama. A definite must see show for me and all you good tv drama starved folks.

(Image Courtesy of AMC)


Purchase all the seasons here:
Mad Men: Season One
Mad Men: Season Two
Mad Men: Season Three
Mad Men: Season Four

So that wraps up my list and also pretty much my summer. Yeah, like I said I have no life this summer so I might as well watch someone else's much more interesting life.