Thursday, June 30, 2011

WoW Starter Edition is now Free to Play until reaching level 20




Blizzard has finally done it, they made World of Warcraft free to play, well sort of. The first 20 levels are free to play. You can still continue playing the game after reaching level 20 but you will not be able to level up. So basically, it is a great way for newbies to get suckered in. I use to play WoW but I quit after playing for about a year (only totaling 3 months of game time). It was enjoyable when I started out but I started to get bored thereafter. Nothing against this game but mmorpg (massive multiplayer online role playing game) aren't really my thing. 

Although millions of people are still subscribed to World of Warcraft, Blizzard most likely felt threatened by new MMO's out like Rift. Then there's the upcoming MMO like Star Wars The Old Republic Online and Guild Wars 2, a non-subscription MMO. 

So for all those who haven't tasted WoW or never played an MMORPG, you can check out the link here:

Play WoW Free


I am sure there are people craving for something to play during the summer.

And here is a trailer for Guild Wars 2, just becaue I feel like sharing it.





Image Source: Courtesy of Blizzard